Monday, September 22, 2008

What kids hear and retain...

About 3 weeks ago, I picked my daughter from school and she told me about going to a football game (her brother is in high school now).

She stated that she wanted to be a cheerleader -- so I had a little talk with her to the effect of "You don't have to be a cheerleader just beause you're a girl, you can do whatever you want, if you want to play football, you can, or whatever... Don't think that you can't do something just because you're a girl..." And that was the end of it.

Saturday, we're doing the birthday thing, and before she blew out the candles, I said "You have to make a wish first!"After she blew out the candles, she said "I wished that I could be whatever I want to be when I grow up"

That's my girl!

And she's 4 years old today!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Aww, she's a sweetie! Happy b-day hugs for you both!